Saturday, Jan. 22, 2022 at 12:00 at the Bauska Castle Museum and Sunday, Jan. 23, 2022 at 16:00 at Raudondvaris Manor early music concert “Music and poetry in the art of song” or “Music and poetry in art” will be performed.
In the concert “Music and poetry in the art of song” invites its listeners to enjoy the remarkable 14th – 17th century. composers such as Guillaume de Machaut (c.1300-1377), John Dowland (1563-1626), Francesca Caccini (1587-1641), Tarquinio Merula (1595-1665), Stefano Landi (1587-1639), Claudio Monteverdi ( 1567-1643), Barbara Strozzi (1619-1677), Girolamo et al compositions.
Artists: Karolina Parmas (soprano, Lithuania), Fausta Balčaitytė (soprano, Lithuania), Simona Jocevičiūtė (soprano, Lithuania), Ūla Zemeckytė (soprano, Lithuania), Nora Kalniņa (soprano, Latvia), Jēkabs Bernāts (tenor, Latvia), Arūnas Maliukas (bass baritone, Lithuania), Eglė, Rudokaitė (organ, Lithuania), Mauro Pinciaroli (lute, Italy).
Since 2020, the Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theater has opened a specialization class at the Baroque Opera, which provides an opportunity for young and talented singers to learn the interpretation of the past centuries from the point of view of historically informed music practice. Endless research and exciting discoveries are what unite early musicians.
The concert program will be prepared within the framework of the creative residence of the artists in the Bauska Castle Museum, where the focus will be on rhetoric, the use of ornaments according to the style and era, stage gestures and dances.
The concert will take place within the project “Historical Road: Raudondvaris – Bauska”. The main goal of the project is to increase the number of visitors to the Bauska Castle Museum and Raudondvaris Manor (Lithuania) during the non-tourist season in winter months. Concerts is organized by the Riga Historical Theater and Music Society, Bauska Castle Museum in cooperation with Raudondvaris Manor.
! While in the concert it is required to wear a respirator (not lower than ffp2).
EU covid or national covid seritificate is required.
- Project duration: 01.01.2021 – 31.12.2022
- Total project value: 785 875,00 EUR
- Project ERDF financing: 667 993,75 EUR
- “Music and poetry songs in art” concert is organized by the project „Historic road: Raudondvaris-Bauska (LLI-498 HRRB).
- This project is funded by the European Union. Official EU website: europa.eu
- Total projects size is 785 875.00 EUR. Out of them co-funding of European Regional Development Fund is 667 993.75 EUR
- The Interreg V-A Latvia – Lithuania Cross Border Cooperation Programme 2014-2020 aims to contribute to the sustainable and cohesive socio-economic development of the Programme regions by helping to make them competitive and attractive for living, working and visiting. Programme website: latlit.eu
- The contents of this are the sole responsibility of Bauska Castle Museum and can under no circumstances be regarded as reflecting the position of the European Union.