The new educational programme “Baltic treasure” is starting. This activity is a part of ongoing project “Historic road: Raudondvaris-Bauska (LLI-498 HRRB)” supported by “Interreg V-A Latvia and Lithuania cross-border cooperation programme 2014-2020”.
Last autumn, the team of ten craftsmen-educators from Raudondvaris Manor and Bauska Castle Museum working in such areas as floristics, leather, calligraphy, jewellery, wood, candles and natural perfume, amber, textile and ceramics, gathered together to share ideas, knowledge and experience to create new education “Baltic treasure”. During the workshop masters presented their ideas which were inspired by medieval, renaissance and baltic mythology, and both castles historic sources.
Creators now are inviting visitors to travel in time by participating in this new education. During this journey they will be introduced to manors and castles culture, the crafts by Raudondvaris Manor and Bauska castle craftsmen that are still nurtured, and the authenticity they create. The new education will be organized by open door style when participant will visit not one but few educators that will help to create each “treasure” and at the same time will tell its origin, history and meaning. In such way the travelling participant will fully create his treasure chest where he will keep his own treasure secrets and a particle of authentic history.
Workshop dates during March: 23rd (15 :00), 24th (10:00), 25th (9:00 and 10:30), 31th (11:00).
Workshops are free. Registration: firstname.lastname@example.org
There is a limited number of participants.
- The workshop is organized by the project „Historic road: Raudondvaris-Bauska (LLI-498 HRRB).
- This project is funded by the European Union. Official EU website: europa.eu
- Total projects size is 785 875.00 EUR. Out of them co-funding of European Regional Development Fund is 667 993.75 EUR
- The Interreg V-A Latvia – Lithuania Cross Border Cooperation Programme 2014-2020 aims to contribute to the sustainable and cohesive socio-economic development of the Programme regions by helping to make them competitive and attractive for living, working and visiting. Programme website: latlit.eu
- The contents of this are the sole responsibility of PI ”Raudondvaris Manor” and can under no circumstances be regarded as reflecting the position of the European Union.